EVO ICL is an Implantable Collamer™ Lens that corrects common vision problems such as nearsightedness (myopia) and astigmatism. Collamer is a biocompatible material that works in harmony with the eye. The lens, which is slightly smaller than a typical contact lens, is implanted in the eye during a 20 to 30 minute procedure. Unlike laser vision correction surgeries that permanently change the shape of your cornea, the EVO ICL procedure is additive, meaning that no corneal tissue is removed. Worldwide, more than 2 million EVO ICL lenses have been implanted.
What are the Benefits of EVO ICL?
EVO ICL offers many benefits for patients who are candidates for the ICL procedure and are seeking a vision solution that allows them the freedom of less dependence on glasses or contact lenses. The advantages of EVO ICL include:
- Sharp, clear vision
- Excellent night vision
- Does not cause dry eye syndrome
- Quick procedure and recovery
- No removal of corneal tissue
- Removable by your doctor
- Protection from UV rays
Who is a Candidate for Vision Correction with EVO ICL?
People who want a flexible and biocompatible vision correction option, as well as many patients who are not candidates for laser vision correction, find that EVO ICL is the right procedure for them.
Ideal candidates for EVO ICL:
- Are between the ages of 21 and 45
- Are seeking a vision correction solution for moderate to severe nearsightedness (with or without astigmatism)
- Have a stable prescription that has not changed within the last year
- Have good ocular health with no history of glaucoma, iritis, or diabetic eye disease