The Surgical Care Center was created in 1985 with one goal in mind: total patient satisfaction. Every detail, from the check-in stations to the surgical suites, was designed specifically to meet the needs of patients undergoing eye surgery. This cataract surgery center was a relatively new concept at the time. In fact, Surgical Care Center was one of the first free-standing ambulatory surgery centers in Indiana. Today, it is home to Eye Surgeons of Indiana, the world renowned leaders and innovators in cataract and related surgery.
The Surgical Care Center has earned an AAAHC Accredited Ambulatory Surgery Center, which is the highest honor of certification available.
Surgical Care Center provides numerous advantages in comparison to eye surgery done in a hospital outpatient setting:
• Door-to-door transportation on the day of your surgery
• Central Indiana's first Medicare approved facility, exclusively devoted to cataract and related surgery
• Insurance friendly - Charges and most importantly your average out-of-pocket cost is always less than procedures performed in the hospital
• Exceptional experienced staff specializing in eye surgery only
• Ultra-modern surgical suites and recovery rooms
• Advanced surgical techniques which allow most procedures to be done with topical anesthesia (eye drops) only
• Anesthesiologist provides optimal patient comfort on an individual basis
• Our physicians have performed over 50,000 eye procedures at Surgical Care Center
• Complication rates are considerably lower than the national average, even when compared to major university-based hospitals
• Teamwork and experience allows the elimination of many costly errors
• More than 98% of our patients rate their experience at SCC as superior care
“I just wanted to let you know that you have a fantastic team and facility!! I have been in the ophthalmology field for 30 years and you guys are first class!!”
-Cataract Patient M.F.
“You can’t improve on the best! You make surgery comfortable!”
-Cataract Patient J.M.
“I appreciate all the kindness shown. A procedure which I was dreading turned into a very pleasant experience.”
-Cataract Patient B.R.