How Do I Know If I Am A Candidate?
At Eye Surgeons of Indiana LASIK Center, we believe that it is critical to make sure LASIK is right for you. Although most patients qualify for LASIK, about 10-15% are deemed non-candidates for this procedure. Unlike many LASIK providers, we offer alternative procedures and most likely can find a solution if this occurs. Reasons that you may not be a candidate include: age, dry eye syndrome, or if your corneas are too thin.
You may be a good LASIK candidate if:
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You have a stable prescription that hasn’t changed in at least a year or more
- You’re not currently pregnant or nursing
- Your prescription is within the treatment guidelines, meaning it’s not too strong
- You and your eyes are in good health
- You have realistic expectations about what a laser vision correction procedure like LASIK can achieve
These are only some of the factors that go into determining LASIK candidacy. If you want to know if you’re a good LASIK candidate, start by scheduling your LASIK consultation at Eye Surgeons of Indiana LASIK Center!